- Who produces the Freedom Fair? The Tacoma Events Commission is a 501c3 non-profit with a volunteer board that produces the event. Meet the board.
- What are the event hours?
- What is the cost to enter? It is FREE! Though the event is produced through donations and it would be awesome if you could put a few dollars into the donation barrels at the entrances to help pay for it all.
- Is Freedom Fair only one day?
- When can I come down to pitch my picnic tent?
- How do I get there, where can I park?
- Is there handicapped parking? The event is along a public road and closed off for traffic. The surrounding areas may have handicapped parking but you will still have to travel by foot into the event.
- How do I get to the Park & Ride lot for taking the bus? Wheelchair accessible?
- What time do the streets close to traffic?
- Is there still time for me to enter the car show?
- Can I volunteer?
- Is it pet friendly? Yes. Just pick up after your pet and try and avoid them using the grassy areas as that is where people may want to sit for the air show and fireworks. Take them across the road to the South side if possible please.
- What time is the airshow? 1:30-3:30pm
- Where is the best place to watch the air show? Get tickets to the VIP dock on Les Davis Pier. There are few left so get them while you can.
- Is there a VIP dock for the fireworks this year? No.
- How much is it for the kids zone? It is $20 at the event per child or you can get them up until July 3rd for 50% off. Get your tickets early.
- Where do vendors park?
- What is the procedure for vendor loading and unloading?
- What if I’m a vendor and I have a question that I can’t find the answer to?
- Contact us via Facebook messenger HERE.
What are the event hours?
From 10 AM until the fireworks end at about 10:30 PM
Is Freedom Fair only one day?
Yes, it takes place only on July 4th every year.
When can I come down to pitch my picnic tent?
Please don’t come down early and pitch picnic tents. They interfere with our set up of vendors and entertainment activities. Wait until after 10:00 AM or use the Public Picnic zone across from Lot #10 – enter from N 49th to Ferdinand St. and pay to park across the street from the picnic zone. It’s nice because you get to have easy access to your car for loading. It’s also convenient to all Freedom Fair activities during the day, and the Fireworks Extravaganza that evening.
How do I get there, where can I park?
You can find more information on our Directions & Transportation page.
How do I get to the Park & Ride lot for taking the bus?
You can park for free at either the TCC Park & Ride or the Tacoma Dome Station. You can find more information on our Directions & Transportation page. Busses are wheelchair accessible.
What time do the streets close to traffic?
Vehicles without passes will not have access to Ruston Way at all on the 4th of July. We recommend avoiding Schuster Parkway and the intersection of McCarver Street and North 30th Street. Please use alternate routes. The only general public vehicular access will be to the paid parking area along Ruston Way between the Lobster Shop Restaurant and the Ruston City limits.
Is there still time for me to enter the car show?
There may be. We try to sell out with pre-registration but as of this moment we still have room for day of event registration while space lasts. Do not call if you have not sent in your pre-registration from before July 1. Available spaces will be sold the morning of the 4th of July while supplies last. Go to the check point at North 48th and Ferdinand Street and register there between 8:00 and 9:30 a.m.
Where do vendors park?
Vendors are issued parking access passes prior to the 4th of July. They are directed to park in very specific parking lots as close to their booth as possible. Vendors should carefully review the contents of their arrival packet and read the directions on the back of the parking pass for detailed arrival instructions.
What is the procedure for vendor loading and unloading?
Vendors are issued a Load-in Pass that comes in their arrival packet. It designates an arrival time and the booth number along with a map that shows the location of that booth number. Vendors should carefully follow the directions on the parking pass and arrive at the scheduled Load-in time. They have 30-minutes to unload at the curb near their booth and then must move the vehicle to the designated parking lot. At the end of the day vendors may start packing up their booth at sunset and begin to walk their exhibit materials to the vehicle to pack it up. Vehicles may NOT be moved into the street near the booth until the crowds clear the street after the fireworks show.
What if I’m a vendor and I have a question that I can’t find the answer to?
Vendors can contact Gary Grape at (253) 507-9357. Please read the Vendor Info page carefully first though, most info should be on that page.