Directions & Maps
Express Bus Service
Park free at the Tacoma Dome Station or at Tacoma Community College and take the Freedom Fair Express Bus for hassle-free access right to the main entrance of the Tacoma Freedom Fair - read more about the Freedom Fair Express Bus.
Freedom Fair takes place all along Ruston Way waterfront. Pedestrian access is from four entry points.
- The main entrance is located on McCarver Street from North 30th Street in Old Town Tacoma (where the Freedom Fair Express Bus drops of passengers.
- The second pedestrian entrance is in the center of the event, just walk down the North 36th Street hill to North Alder Way that intersects with Ruston Way (no public vehicular access is available from this road.)
- The third entrance is from North Ferdinand Street. It provides pedestrian access as well as vehicular access to the only public parking and disability parking locations (available on a first come first served basis for $15 per car).
- The fourth pedestrian entrance is from the Town of Ruston via Ruston Way. Vehicles may not enter from this direction.
Suggested admission donations:
$2 Kid - $5 Friend - $10 LEADER - $15- $45
Voluntary admission donations are needed to support the presentation of the festival this year and beyond. Please give generously to help offset expenses incurred by the volunteer-driven non-profit organization that has presented this event for decades. Without your generous donations at the gate, or in advance, it may not be possible to cover the event expenses and to be in a position to present the event next year.
The Tacoma Freedom Fair covers the full length of Ruston Way, which is closed to regular vehicular traffic throughout the event.
Vehicles without even issued passes will not have access to Ruston Way on the 4th of July. It is recommended to avoid using Schuster Parkway and the intersection of McCarver Street and North 30th Street in the afternoon. Please use alternate routes. The only general public vehicle access will be to the paid parking area at the town of Ruston end of the event site.
The public parking area may be entered from N 46th Street and following North Ferdinand Street to the waterfront. Public parking and disability parking is on a first-come, first-served basis for $15 per car.
Click the preview map image below to view a large map of the event area:
Freedom Fair Parking
If you prefer to drive to the Freedom Fair and park on the waterfront, access to the public parking on Ruston Way from the Ferdinand Street entrance only. Parking passes are $15 and suggested individual entry donations are $2 for anyone under age 16, $5.00 for people age 16 and over, and $15 for families. Think about it, you can bring a car load of people to enjoy a full day of entertainment - including parking - for just $30! Your voluntary admission donations are critical to the continued presentation of the festival this year and beyond.
To get to the public parking area, go to North 46th Street, and turn onto Ferdinand Street. Follow Ferdinand down the hill to where North 46th Street intersects with Ruston Way Waterfront. Police Explorer Scout volunteers will be selling parking passes for $15 per car to the dirt strip located over the curb on Ruston Way just below Waterview Street. The $15 Disability Parking is in a paved lot on the water side of the street, next to the sidewalk, for vehicles displaying proper State issued credentials.
Below is a route map to Freedom Fair and access to the General Public Parking area. Click the map to view a large version. You may also download a PDF version of the Route Map.
Freedom Fair Aerial Maps
The PDF maps below show detailed location information and are based on satellite photos of the Ruston waterfront where Freedom Fair takes place. The information provided is intended to provide a general overview of where activities and vendors are located but are subject to change.
- Freedom Fair Map 1 - Sperry Dock
- Freedom Fair Map 2 - Hyde Park
- Freedom Fair Map 3 - Food Court
- Freedom Fair Map 4 - Silver Cloud to Dickman
- Freedom Fair Map 5 - Dickman Mill Park
- Freedom Fair Map 6 - Harbor Lights
- Freedom Fair Map 7 - Ram to Alder St
- Freedom Fair Map 8 - Katy Downs to Dukes
- Freedom Fair Map 9 - Les Davis Pier
- Freedom Fair Map 10 - RC Cars
- Freedom Fair Map 11 - Marine Park
- Freedom Fair Map 12 - Lobster Shop
- Freedom Fair Map 13 - Lots 9 - 10 (Pt. Ruston)
- Freedom Fair Map - Air Show Box (Stay out of this area!)
- Freedom Fair Map - Fireworks Barge
- Freedom Fair Map - Overview of Venues
- Freedom Fair Map - Parking Lots
The Best Western Tacoma Dome Hotel is the preferred hotel sponsor of Freedom Fair. This is the headquarters hotel for our air show stars. We encourage anyone visiting Tacoma during the 4th of July holiday week to stay in one of their peaceful rooms, they're comfortable and close to Tacoma's attractions.